Sunday, January 13, 2013

EDUC 6115 Week 1: Blog Assignment

After spending several days just trying to make sure that I understood everything about creating and maintaining a blog for my class, I finally managed to locate a few blogs and resource sites that cater towards providing information about the field of Instructional Design. I certainly enjoyed the hours I spent Googling blogs, so let me share what I found with you below:

1. The Rapid E-Learning Blog by Tom Kuhlmann has many great resources for designing courses, building E-Learning scenarios, managing projects, and Instructional Design. My favorite post from this blog is called What We Can Learn About Instructional Design from Post-it Notes, because it points out that learners filter out information that is not deemed critical. It reminded me of all the times that I have endured very long training sessions at work only to find out that one of my colleagues could have taught me the same information in a few minutes. If you would like to see this blog, which is also linked to an E-Learning community called the “Articulate Network,” you can visit it at the following link:


2. The Instructional Design & Development Blog from the Faculty Instructional Technology Services department at DePaul University. Currently, thirteen different contributors post information about using technology to improve instruction. I like this blog because it is a great resource for anyone that is interested in enhancing his or her skills as a facilitator. Also, there is a great option to view archived posts by category that I found very helpful. You can visit this blog with the following link:


3. Cathy Moore’s Let’s save the world from boring elearning! blog is another great one that I have bookmarked. A majority of the site concentrates on the action mapping approach to instructional design that Moore covers in her online workshops and certificate program. However, there is an article by Ms. Moore titled How to become an instructional designer that I will probably read more than once. You can find this article listed in the resources menu of Cathy Moore’s blog at the following link:

No comments:

Post a Comment